Having an inground pool will require proper maintenance like any other parts of the house. Occasional repairs and renovations are necessary to keep it looking good and functioning well. Though it will take time before you encounter any pool problems, you’d need to be aware of what to watch out for to address them immediately.
Here are some guidelines to know when you need a repair or a renovation:
No matter how durable the materials used for your pool area, there will come a time wherein you’ll experience random malfunctioning of its parts. Here are the things you need to check regularly to see if they’re working properly:
- The heater – The heater is an essential part of the pool. It helps extend your swimming season by heating the water. Once you notice it isn’t functioning well or not giving adequate heat, call a pool contractor over to do the inspection and repair.
- The pump – The pump is said to be the heart of a pool. It is in charge of the circulation and filtration of water in your pool. When this breaks down, you’ll get stagnant water for your pool, which isn’t ideal.
- The plaster – The pool plaster is what you see in the final coating applied to the in-ground pool. It makes the pool surface smoother, therefore, protecting the swimmers. Having a broken plaster means possible scratches or scrapes for the swimmer.
- The tiles – Having a chapped tile is not only visually pleasing, but it can also cause an accident if not repaired immediately.
- The deck – The deck is the area surrounding your pool where people usually hang when not swimming. It is necessary to keep this space safe to prevent any injury from happening.
Renovations happen if you need a full replacement or an upgrade for your inground pool. Here are the reasons behind some pool renovations:
1. Upgrading the look
One way to change or upgrade the look of your pool is to change the tiles completely. Another way to do it is to change the look of the deck. Doing any of these may take time and requires professional knowledge and skills.
2. Upgrading the pool pump
If your pool pump is constantly leaking or your gauge is reading low, it’s time to upgrade your pool pump. Doing this will require a halt in your pool use, and again would need the expertise of pool builders.
3. Retouching the plaster of your pool
When the damage to your pool plaster is big, you’d need to undergo a renovation. The pool needs to be drained and clean before the pool plaster is spread.
These are only a few of the reasons behind pool renovations. Once done, any of these can make your pool feel and look brand new.
Ideally, when doing repairs or renovations, you’d seek help from the pool builders who made your inground pool. That’s why it is important to work with a pool company that does not only build but also does repairs and renovations. Pool contractors who built your pool should know the potential issue behind their work, and more importantly, should know how to repair it.
When you notice any of the mentioned pool problems above, it is time for you to consult your trusted professionals.
Need help in your inground pool repair and renovation? Consult with the best pool builders in Alpharetta. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you repair your pool!